Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Money vs Holiday (pre eid-fitr)

I would say that my Hari Raya celebration this year was really testing my physical and mental fitness. It forced me to think not only twice, but yet again and again. Maybe it was small conflict for some of you but given with all the limited time, information and resources (or shall I say money?), I found that it is hard to make some live-or-dead decision. For instance, one of my conflicts before hari raya was the application for raya leave.

This one is quite annoying problem as it is under the uncertainty situation, where at first, fstep didn’t let us to take any leave and simultaneously they informed to all the FIs’ HR ~ not to let us taking any leave during hari raya. Come on! that’s really aggravated!! as we know, u know and they all know that that Friday (read 3rd day of raya), majority of the Malaysian were still take off for holiday (90% were malay, of course). No works, no people and the cafétaria also will be closed (read DANGER and CRITICAL). Yeap, I would understand if we are in probation period, or just start working, for sure we will not ask for any leave. Yet, it turns out that our program (read fstep) was in our 8th or 9th month, without any leaves (except the 2 days as we finished our classes because nothing to do while being there looo) it is really tiring and exhausting.

And to make thing worse, the tales (read rumours) about our leave kept growing amongst the fstepians. I shall say that the most rumours I ever heard for a very short time would be during this fstep program. Everybody is like knowing something, but either u can trust it or not.. hehe..better be careful as it is from A said that B recalled C told ….(hollaaa..at last u never know who said what). I think that might be a true news but we know, the program (read... u know what to read) always had this ‘surprise’ OR last minute changes, thus don’t believe anybody until u heard or being told by the program coordinator by himself/themselves, and if it is turns to be wrong again.. u better stab “someone” (read Mr/Ms X or him/her). Afterwards, maybe because the huge tensed or urges from various FIs’ HR, the program (read management) concluded that our allowance shall be deducted IF we want to take leave! (Whoooaaa…ugut nampak?! Haha..). Tolak la…who cares (deep in my heart, I do care sikt la).hoho.. My advise to employer outside: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF INTERNS, and don’t give options la whether to choose holiday or money, that one-day allowance deduction, because of course we will stick to take that “precious” holiday! Hahaha… That’s really happen as almost all participants of the program (read ….) especially malays didn’t think twice eventhough allowance will be deducted accordingly. Uhuhu..seems like money lost to the holiday in this battle. At first, I didn’t influenced by the others to take leave. What to lose? After all, I’m Selangorian whatt??? However, when che decide to go back to Ganu earlier, I have to sacrifice my 2 day allowance la..ahaha..a bit “kupik” la, ya lahhhh….sehari RM 100++, huhuhu… Finally, I took 2 days leaves for hari raya celebration this year. Is there anything to lose? Not really except the money!! Who’s winning? I guessed this time… holiday won! Next time..dunno yet! ~sigh~


p/s: Final announcement from them (u know who), they wont deduct our Friday’s allowance as government also holiday loooo… ahahaha..Alhamdulillah, it minimise our loss.

No comments: